When feedstock chemicals flow across large sites, extreme environments and noise all around, security and communication plays an integral role to enhance safety and smooth workflows. Instant two-way voice communication with unique speech intelligibility as well as site-wide announcements via integrated PA-systems minimize risks in these often explosive environments. Ex-proof terminals are especially developed for these types of zones where chemicals are at risk of igniting.
- Chemical plants
- Hydrogen plants
- Areas with hazardous atmospheres
Applications and Key Benefits
- Protecting lives and corporate assets.
- Efficient, well-coordinated warnings, alarms and evacuation support in emergency situations.
- Instant communication of vital information to all or selected areas/zones.
- Built-in automatic early warning of emerging system problems.
- Compliance with legal and corporate regulations.
- Safe to operate in areas with explosive atmospheres.
- Optimising workflows and boosting efficiency through communication.
- Reducing risk of workplace accidents and hazards.
- Fast call connections and superior ease of use.
- Conference calls (“party lines”) for fast information distribution.
- Group calls and announcements via Intercom stations.
- Integration of PA/GA, mobile radio communication and telephones (land-lines and mobile radio) into the Intercom system.
- Integration of other systems like CCTV and building management systems on a single operating platform.
- Saves money by eliminating the need for extra hardware.
- Enhanced functionality, thanks to individual systems pooling their resources and working. together in a team-like fashion.
- Reduced complexity, thanks to seamless, fail-safe interfaces.
- Secure, restricted access to industrial premises or specific areas for authorised personnel.
- Protecting material assets and corporate information.
- Monitoring, control and automation of various industrial equipment.
- Event logging and audio/video recording.
- Solutions for chemical industry
Superior speech intelligibility in noisy industrial environments
Extra high volume capacity – Active background noise suppression – Intelligent Volume Control (IVC) – 16 kHz eHD Voice speech quality
Stations for Ex zones and industrial environments
- ATEX and IEC Ex certified system
- Certified in accordance with highest Explosion Hazard Group IIC and Temperature T6
- Group and category Ex II 2 G D for zone 1, 2, 21 and 22
- Protected against water, dust and dirt, as per IP 66
- Integrated 25-Watt amplifier for noisy environments
Public Address and General Alarm (PA/GA) systems
- ATEX and IEC Ex certified system
- Control units, amplifiers and Intercom Stations for permanent self-monitoring of system functions and critical signal paths
- Intelligent, addressable loudspeakers and flashing lights
- Accessories (e. g., acoustic hoods)
Access Control and Communication at doors and barriers
- Secured vehicular and pedestrian access to the site and individual areas. Calls that cannot be answered immediately can be forwarded automatically to mobile devices.
- Integration of access readers and access control systems.
- Modules for integration in barrier gates at entrance and exit points.
- Perfect speech intelligibility even in case of loud traffic noise.
More than just communication
Commend products come with built-in inputs and outputs for control, monitoring and automation purposes.
Integrated SystemInterfaces / Input – Output control
- Integration of Fire & Gas, ESD, ICSS, Dispatcher, DCS, and TSS systems
- Integration of operating radio (Tetra and Analog)
- Integration of telephone-lines and VoIP systems (SIP/IAX)
- Control of visual warnig signals and displays
- Interfaces to third-party systems, such as video surveillance and building management systems (OPC)
- Active monitoring of input signals for various purposes, such as fire or burglar alarms
- Control of output signals, e.g. doors and barriers
- Customized accessibility like EIB-Bus
Permanent availability through system self-monitoringEvery call guaranteed to get through – 24/7
- Intercom Stations come equipped with automated functionality self-monitoring (loudspeaker/microphone self-monitoring)
- Connection monitoring
- Redundant server fail-safety and dynamic call forwarding
- Saves costs by eliminating the need for manual function testing
Sites can be networked and managed from one central control center.
Easy Control Desk managementOverview – Surveillance – Control
Control Desk systems by Commend provide a continuous system-wide overview to support instant reaction in case of an emergency. Thanks to the highly user-friendly GUI, managing even complex Intercom networks or video and control functions is a breeze.
- Call management is tailored to the needs and workflows of the application environment
- Calls can be forwarded automatically to other Control Desks, Intercom stations (stationary or mobile), or to land-line telephones
- Automatic call distribution at peak times, including automatic call prioritisation
Software solutions for Control DesksAudio – Video – Data
- Indication of the calling terminal’s location, and optional automatic display of a video/CCTV connection
- Information from and control of different systems on one visual operating platform
- Event logging
- Audio and/or video recording
- Software Intercom Client for mobile devices
- Various Intercom Stations for Operations Communication
- Intercom Modules for e.g. lifts
Your integrated Security and Communication Solution for the chemical industry is just one click away